Now that I’m settling into my new role of blogger, I find myself thinking of possible content ideas all the time.
It occurred to me that now might be a good time to debut what I hope to become a monthly feature, Likes, Loves, & Needs.
I will use this space to talk about things I have found that I like and absolutely love, along with items I have decided I “need” and am likely already discussing with Husband. I hope we can get a fun discussion going about these products, and know that I am always open to recommendations and reviews. Away we go…
- Teavana: I love having fresh tea at home to brew hot or cold, any time that I want. It’s expensive, but to me it’s a luxury I will definitely include in the budget! The mall nearest me has a Teavana store, and while I went a time having forgotten about it, I have rediscovered this store and it is now included often on my errands list.
- This milk frother: I have a terrible habit of breaking milk frothers (don’t ask…), so I usually make myself wait before buying a new one. When I saw I could snatch this one up on Amazon for $26.99 with Prime delivery, I knew I couldn’t pass it up. I use it at least once a day, if not more. If you’re someone who enjoys coffeehouse-style drinks at a fraction of the price, I would definitely recommend checking these out!
- Passion Planner: a long-time friend turned me onto these planners. I had been using my iPhone exclusively since graduating college, but I secretly longed for the days when I could write all of my appointments down in a book again. Enter Passion Planner…it helps you hone in on your daily, weekly, and lifetime goals all while reminding you of current to-do’s and appointments. I should really move this into the love category, as I swear it has changed my life!
- My Apple Watch: I bought it right after Christmas, thanks to some money I was given. I had been resisting purchasing one, since I thought it was a waste of money. However, when Husband declared he would be visiting our local Apple Store with the intention of buying an Apple Watch, I couldn’t sit idly by. I ended up purchasing the Nike version (thanks to a dear friend’s recommendation), and I couldn’t be happier. I track exercise, water intake, receive text messages, and so much more with it. I am firmly entrenched in the club and am not embarrassed to admit it.
- Alliance Brewing: As mentioned previously, we know how much I enjoy a good bourbon cocktail. The same can be said for a delicious craft beer. Alliance has become one of my favorite spots in town. It’s near my office, they offer discounts on crowler purchases (unsure about a crowler – find out more here), and I’m not ashamed to take Boo there on a sunny weekend afternoon. Not to mention, their ever-changing selection is fantastic and the staff is really nice as well. If you’re out and about near Downtown Knoxville sometime, check them out.
- Tieks: These expensive ballet flats are supposed to have unbeatable comfort and quality. Who has some? Tell me how great they are, so I can convince Husband the price isn’t completely ridiculous.
- I actually fulfilled this “need” yesterday afternoon. I just couldn’t wait! This Nespresso espresso machine has been on my brain since I visited a friend a few weeks ago. She made me a most wonderful espresso, and when I realized I could never afford a fancy machine like hers, I set out to find one of my own. After some research and recommendations, I ended up selecting this one. I just ordered a variety of capsules as well, so I can’t wait to try it when it arrives after The Big Move. Not to mention, I was able to add 2 recycle bags to my order for free, so when they’re full of used capsules, I can drop them off at a local UPS location and they will be sent off for recycling. How neat is that?!
I hope you enjoyed the first edition of Likes, Loves, & Needs on Lindsay Overshares. Have an idea for a product I might love? Tell me about it in the comments!
Until next time,